General Information 
Type of contract Traineeship
Who can apply? EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme
Grant The trainee grant is €1,070 per month plus an accommodation
allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 07.02.2023
You will be part of the Directorate Administration in the Directorate
General Corporate Services. Our Directorate oversees the ECB’s
infrastructure, facilities and security management services. It also
provides real estate, space and construction project management services
and coordinates the ECB’s art-related activities. Finally, we
coordinate all occupational safety and health activities and oversee the
ECB’s environmental management system.
We are looking for trainees to join one of the following divisions.
As a trainee in the Administrative Services Division, you will join
either the infrastructure services team or the logistic services team.
The infrastructure services team handles environmental management,
travel, catering, cleaning and green care, waste management and the
print centre, while the logistic services team is responsible for
meeting and event preparation and logistics, including relocation
You will have the opportunity to analyse business data and present them
to various stakeholders, and to become acquainted with the ECB’s
computer-aided facility management system and SAP. You will also
contribute to the wellbeing of ECB staff by supporting a range of
services aimed at creating a safe working environment and providing new
and sustainable solutions, such as cleaning with non-chemical
detergents, environmentally friendly print services or green area
services supporting biodiversity.
As a trainee in the Premises Division, you will be part of the team
responsible for managing the ECB’s construction projects, corporate
real estate and technical facilities.
This Division manages the special requirements of the ECB by providing
owned and leased buildings. Where necessary, we manage construction
projects to adapt these buildings to evolving needs, liaising closely
with our staff members and service providers. We are also responsible
for operating and maintaining the buildings and providing audio and
media services and utilities.
In your role as a trainee, you will support our efforts to continuously
improve and optimise our buildings and services.
As a trainee in the Security and Safety Division, you will be assigned
to work in either the Service Centre unit or the Security Risk
Management and Governance unit.
You will contribute to the work of these teams as they help provide a
safe and secure work environment for our staff, for example by managing
access rights to specific areas of the buildings, assessing threats and
physical security risks or helping to identify, analyse and manage
occupational safety risks.
The ECB is an inclusive employer, and we strive to reflect the diversity
of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of
age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious
beliefs, sexual orientation, or other characteristics.
Your tasks as a trainee will be supervised and will vary according to
the division and team you join.
In all divisions they may include:
- conducting research and drawing up draft reports;
- compiling and analysing statistical data;
- preparing and delivering presentations relating to the activities of your team;
In the Administrative Services division they may include:
- supporting data preparation, data visualisation, coding, machine learning predictions/classifications, functional support and testing;
- contributing to specific operations, such as the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) certification process as part of the Green ECB team;
- supporting the ECB’s move to a hybrid work environment;
- assisting with the Directorate’s public procurement procedures in collaboration with the ECB’s procurement department;
- supporting service and supplier performance management activities in one of our services teams.
In the Premises division they may include:
- supporting changes in and enhancing space management;
- helping to improve energy reliability, maintenance planning and energy consumption;
- supporting project management activities and the execution of construction projects and activities;
- helping to conduct market analysis of developments in the construction market, e.g. building information modelling;
- In the Security and Safety division they may include:
- providing administrative support for the Service Centre procedures;
- supporting the optimisation and implementation of the security risk management framework;
- supporting the management of occupational safety risks.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to make a meaningful
contribution to activities that enable the institution to deliver on its
mandate. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for
continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in business or public
- advanced knowledge of the MS Office package or other tools for data
You are curious and eager to learn and want to further develop your
ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with
others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse
perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs and
will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
You are motivated to contribute to the ECB’s mission, to serve the
citizens of the EU as a member of a public institution and to work with
colleagues from all over Europe. You are keen to be part of our team and
to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this
Traineeship of six months, with the possibility of an extension to up to
12 months in total in the same business unit or in another division or
section within the Directorate General Corporate Services.
Other details on the conditions applicable to traineeships  at the
ECB can be found on our website.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to
Jean-Marie Connes on +49 (0)69 1344 8441 between 14:30 and 15:30 on 26
Application and selection process
Further information on how to apply  is available on our website.
The recruitment process for this position will include a pre-recorded
video interview in the pre-selection phase and – if you are invited to
participate in the subsequent selection phase – an online interview.
If you are not selected for this position but are still considered
suitable, you will be placed on a reserve list for 12 months from the
closing date for applications, from which you might be considered for
other traineeship positions within the ECB.
The European Central Bank