PhD Candidate offer
Tadorea (www.tadorea.com), in collaboration with Innaxis (www.innaxis.org) and the Universidad
Politécnica de Madrid (http://www.etsit.upm.es/), is currently seeking a PhD candidate to undertake
his/her PhD programme in the Data Science field applied to aviation, and in particular, focussing
on developing methods to ensure privacy-aware analytics.
The selected candidate will join Tadorea’s team in Madrid, Spain. His/her PhD thesis will be
supervised by Pr. Dr. Victor A. Villagrá from the UPM-RSTI (https://blogs.upm.es/rsti/) who will be
driving the research plan in applying state-of-the-art cryptography techniques to overcome data
sharing barriers in the aviation sector. The combination of skills from the Tadorea and the UPMRSTI
teams will offer the candidate an ideal environment to develop his/her professional career in
an environment with strong ATM-domain expertise and state-of-the-art data science,
cybersecurity and privacy-preserving techniques.
Requirements are as follows:
• A university degree in Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Physics, Engineering or a related
• Familiar with common Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods.
• Basic understanding of cryptographic systems.
• Strong programming skill at least in one modern language.
• Fluency in English. Only candidates fluent in English should apply, as the interviews will be
carried out in English.
• Above all, a strong motivation in developing skills in privacy-preserving data analytics.
Other skills that may be relevant in the evaluation
• Passion for data science on top of current thinking and trends
• Full proficiency in Python 3
• Common data science (Numpy, Pandas, Seaborn, scikit, keras) and cryptography (hashlib,
• Knowledge, experience or passion within aviation.
Tadorea offers a unique set of benefits:
• An unique opportunity to start a career in Data Science and help to solve real world problems.
Immediate start, the PhD is framed under the SESAR-Engage Knowledge Transfer Network
(http://engagektn.com/) and co-funded by it.
• Participation in summer schools and international conferences.
• Access to a variety of interesting datasets: from airlines, airports, air navigation service
providers to other aviation stakeholders.
• Integration in a highly qualified, very collaborative, young, international team.
• A beautiful office in the center of Madrid.
• Flexible schedule and excellent working conditions.
• A gross salary of 22.000€/year
Interested candidates should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A research motivational
letter or any other relevant information supporting the application, such as GitHub and/or Stack
Overflow profiles, website-blog, portfolio, LinkedIn account, etc. will be highly appreciated.
PhD Candidate offer